Our client is looking to hire a Tutor/ Child Assistant on a part time basis for a period of six months. Drivers Licence and own vehicle is essential.
Our client is looking to hire a Tutor/ Child Assistant on a part time basis for period of six months. Driver's Licence and own vehicle is essential.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Guide the children, (17 year old and 13 year old), in areas they require assistance in, especially Pure Maths, English and Afrikaans;
- Homework supervision: assist with test and exam preparation as well as project research and
preparation of projects;
- Supervising educational, stimulating activities and outings during school holidays;
- Collect the children at various times from school, punctually. Be at least 5 minutes early;
- Supervising the children and packing their extramural bags and books;
- Ensure that your actions and behaviours support the growth of the children to be happy, healthy and confident;
- Take the children to extra murals, haircuts, doctor and dental appointments, birthday parties etc;
- Prepare snacks/meals for the children after school;
- Run odd errands for the children and the household such as grocery shopping, dropping and fetching
kids from the parlour etc;
- Assist with the client's in laws with errands once a weeks for 90 minutes: (in- laws are based in Randburg);
- Proactive communication with the client on all matters related to the children;
- Any other ad-hoc duties agreeable to both parties;
- Working hours will be Monday - Friday from 12h00 mid-day to 18h00;
- The incumbent must possess a valid Driver's Licence and must have their own vehicle.
- The incumbent will not be required during the month of December 2019;
- The incumbent must have excellent interpersonal skills and must have the ability to interact effectively with children and the elderly;
- The incumbent must have good time management and problem solving skills.