We are looking to employ an intern to act as an Office and a Communications Assistant with excellent communication skills. (6 month internship)
The successful incumbent will be the Communications Officer via telephone, social media and online enquiries. Furthermore, he/she will assist the CEO as her PA. An important aspect of the role will be creating content for various online platforms. A degree in Journalism or English is required and some exposure to Marketing is prefered. The working hours if from 9 am to 4 pm on weekdays, in office in Somerset West.
- Research and create original content for social media;
- Write compelling copy for social posts, audience-appropriate tone within the company’s message and values;
- Responding to social media requests;
- Assisting the team with ad-hoc copywriting;
- General assistant marketing duties;
- Telephone reception;
- Manage online chat-bot and the contact us page queries;
- Assisting the CEO as PA;
- Other ad hoc support duties.
Main area of expertise for this position:
- Digital Content & Social Media writing and publishing;
- Marketing Communications;
- Design - Marketing, Media, Digital.
- English or Journalism Degree/Diploma;
- Marketing as a module preferred;
- Highly articulate with an above average command of written English;
- A passion for creative and persuasive writing;
- A good work ethic;
- High level of responsibility and integrity;
- A passion for learning;
- A team player;
- Ability to work in a quiet hard-working office environment;
- Knowledge of and experience in working on social media platforms for business;
- Ability to create simple custom graphic elements when briefed;
- Valid drivers license, with preferably own transport.