A well-established office supply business based in West Turffontein, Gauteng, is looking for a highly motivated office and customer service administrator to join their team. The candidate will be required to liaise with customers and suppliers and ensure the day to day smooth running of the office.
The successful candidate must be a self-starter who shows initiative and does not need to be micro-managed. An ability to adapt to changing requirements, and willingness to get hands on in the day to day operation of the business is essential.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To provide excellent customer service;
- To take orders and liaise with customers regarding their requirements and what would best suit their needs;
- To process customer orders on Pastel (training will be given);
- To identify up and cross-selling opportunities with existing customers;
- To explain the services in full to potential new customers;
- To liaise with suppliers and customers on orders and requirements;
- To work closely with the internal team to ensure the smooth day to day running of the business, including getting involved in other business areas if required;
- To assist with ordering and checking in of stock items as well as the processing of stock purchases on Pastel (training will be given);
- General office administration.
Qualifications and Skills
- Relevant diploma/degree;
- Highly organized with attention to detail and time management;
- Excellent communication skills with business level proficiency in English;
- Experience with Pastel would be beneficial, however, training will be given;
- Excellent problem solving and out the box thinking skills;
- A willingness to go the extra mile for the customer;
- A willingness to adapt to day to day business needs and to work for the good of the company;
- The ability to multi-task.