An NPO based in Philippi East, Cape Town is looking for an Marketing Coordinator with strong Christian values to build its brand and online presence through consistent delivery of marketing, communication and the development of innovative campaigns and events.
Key performance areas and tasks:
- External communications: Assisting with the production of external communications to donors and stakeholders which include but not limited to, a newsletter, blog, brochure, promotional videos and annual reports;
- Social Media: Managing the NPO's social media accounts; (currently Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin);
- Marketing Campaign Concept development and Implementation: Planning, designing and implementing marketing and fundraising campaigns to grow the number of long term donors and raise support for the NPO;
- Fundraising Events: Assist in the implementation of the annual fundraising event and introducing new events which have potential;
- Branding: Ensuring the NPO's brand is consistently used throughout the activities in the organisation and grows increasingly visible and accessible within the South African environment;
- Programme marketing: Improving programme communication and monitoring/evaluation in collaboration with the Chief Operating Officer and Programme Managers.
- Degree in Marketing, Media Studies, Communication or related field.
- Professional experience in marketing and social media;
- Event management experience useful.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English;
- Good eye for design and the ability to design basic materials;
- Computer literacy – MS Offoce, Excel;
- Website management, Social Media, Canva;
- Good time management skills;
- Able to cope with change and work within a multi-cultural/lingual environment;
- Willingness to work weekends as and when required;
- A drivers’ licence is essential.
- Mature outlook with strong Christian values;
- Well organised with team player approach;
- Flexible and adaptable individual with a positive helpful attitude;
- Willingness to learn and develop further within a growing organisation;
- Have a passion and interest in matters relating with children and education.