A leading Information Systems company based in Bryanston, Gauteng, requires a highly competent C++ developer with at least 2 years hands on C++ coding experience.
The C++ Developer will be part of a cross-sectional and multi-talented software development team. The incumbent will be working with the R&D teams of manufacturers to customise firmware of point of sales devices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be exposed to and will eventually be responsible for:
- Developing embedded systems for retail point of sales devices using C++ with Eclipse IDE on Linus (Yocto) platform or virtual machines;
- Working within a virtual team environment, being supported directly by highly skilled international software developers;
- Assisting R&D team to customise the firmware of point of sales devices;
- Ensuring that software devices deliver the functionality for each customer territory;
- Ensuring each devise is successfully homologated for the respective jurisdictions;
- Testing and debugging in IDE and on target devices;
- Continually adjusting code and making changes or updates as and when required;
- Always making sure that all processes meet quality standards and expectations.
- A higher diploma or degree in Software Engineering/Development;
- Must have practical hands on C++ coding experience (minimum 1-2 years);
- The C++ developer will be part of a virtual team, therefore needs to be highly competent and confident;
- A self-starter who works well within a team;
- An exceptional mathematical thinker who possesses the ability to problem solve.